Thursday 19 December 2013

LEGO Friends, City, Star Wars Advent Calendar Day Nineteen Review.

Day 19 is upon us and there are only 6 short days left before the final door reveal. My wife has been on night shift for the past week, and the only time she get's to see what the kids have gotten in their Advent Calendars, is when she comes and visits the website. I know it's sad... but... Hi Tash! :-) She really enjoys reading the reactions of the kids because she misses out most of the time either sleeping or is at work doing day shift. She works on the waterfront at the wharfs so she is continually doing shift work. She is most looking forward to the release of the 10241: Maersk Line Triple-E early next year. She works with these vessels 365 days a year. We already have orders from her co-workers for us to place for them upon it's release date. Bring on the new year!!
Lets now take a look at what we each got today...



In the Friends Advent Calendar Chloe got a fire pit with a stand? That's what I'm going with... It uses a Dark Blueish Grey Pyramid Brick which has only been in 2 other sets. It also has the uncommon 1x1 Reddish Brown plate with 4 knobs (Flower piece) that have only been available in somewhat larger sets.
It's a unique build in that we are building something using pieces upside down which isn't done very often. I must remember to try to do this more often.  Very cool.




The spares... love getting another 1x1 plate with 4 knobs (Flower piece) It's another of my fave pieces.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

This morning in my City Calendar I got the second part of yesterdays build of the boy and his remote control. They are 2 mini planes, one in red and the other in blue. I wonder if there will be a second Minifigure with a remote to control the second plane? Or does the boy have a Power Functions remote, and just switches the channel frequency when needed?



The spares from today's city build.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning Jaspa got a Separatist Shuttle mini build. Again he pointed straight to the picture on the box when he saw what he had got. I think he has memorized the box art down to the last detail. Its a nice looking ship and captures the shape as best as it can with what parts are available. 18 parts were used to build the shuttle.


Some useful spares from this shuttle.


Chloe was more excited about getting a flame piece then the build as a whole. Before she even opened the bag, she rattled off what spares she was going to get... :-) that's my girl. She also said her Mini-dolls can now keep warm on the cold winter nights.
Jaspa loves his ships whether they are ugly or not. He said today's looks like a shark. Now he calls it his shark ship... I love his imagination.


Day Nineteen is done. I hope you enjoyed the read.


Thank you for dropping by. See you tomorrow for Day Twenty!

Tan Tile... Out!

3 comments:

  1. The brown flower piece has also appeared in 30185 Little Eagle, a LEGO store exclusive during September.
    These daily write-ups have been a nice read! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment. I'm glad you are enjoying them. I do realize they are available in 30185 Little Eagle, that's why I put a link in after "somewhat larger sets" I just didn't want to rattle off all the sets that they appear in lol :) I was going to mention it, I just didn't want to over complicate it ;)

      Delete
  2. Many thanks for your reviews! I visited your blog via a link on Brickset. I was actually quite annoyed by some negative comments from the Brickset reviewers about the Advent sets and the fact that they did only some windows and ignored almost the whole of the Friends Calender.
    So I enjoyed your extensive reviews very much: both photography and comments were superb!
    The involvement of Chloe and Jaspa in the story turned your blog into a family happening. Thank you for letting me be part of that.
    I hope you will do the same in 2014 again!

    Merry Xmas for all of you!
    Greetings from Martin, The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete