Thursday 30 January 2014

LEGO Super Heroes 76011 Batman: Man-Bat Attack Review.

Continuing with our review of the DC Universe Super Heroes set Reviews, today we are going take a look at  76011 Batman: Man-Bat Attack. The main reason for picking this set up was for the Nightwing Minifigure. 
Lets have a look at the set details and then move on to the review.

Set Number: 76011

Theme: DC Super Heroes

Set Name: Batman: Man-Bat Attack.

Part Count: 184

Minifigures: 3

Australian RRP: $39.99

Featuring: Batman's Batcopter and Nightwing's Glider.

The front of the box shows Man-Bat unleashing dynamite over Gotham City while Batman, in his Batcopter and Nightwing on his glider as they take control over the situation and tyr to stop Man-Bat from hurting the innocents down below. It has been a while since we had a Batcopter released, the last one was in 2007 with 7786 The Chase for Scarecrow.


The Back of the box shows you the features of the Batcopter. Including opening cockpit, rotating blades, flick fire missiles and a working winch with a hook.


When we open the box we find 2 numbered bags, an instruction book, sticker sheet and a comic.


Here is a close up of the sticker sheet. There are 2 stickers to apply in total.


I did a gif image so you can view all the comic pages. They run for 10 sec per page.


Bag 1 and it contents. This will build 2 Minifigures and the main body of the Batcopter.



Batman has printing on the front and back of both his torso and head. If you have any Batman set you most likely have this one, only difference would be his Type 2 Cowl. With the new The LEGO Movie coming out and co-staring this guy, it's the cheapest way for you to get this Batman.


Man-Bat has front and back printing on both his head piece and his torso. He is using the Series 8 Collectable Minifigures Vampire Bat mold, but with different printing and color. Man Bat came in his own little baggy.

*Clear minifig head Is Not Included in the set.*

Here we have a quick step by step build of the Batcopter body. The cockpit is very spacious to allow for Batman and his cape.


Bag 2 has a few bits and pieces. This will complete the rest of the Batcopter and also build Nightwing and his glider.



This guy here is the main reason I got the set. I missed out on the original Batman series in the mid 2000's while I was in my dark age, and I was just itching to get this minifig. Nightwing aka Dick Grayson aka Robin Has double sided printing on his face and torso. I love his red and black new 52 design.

*Clear minifig head Is Not Included in the set.*

The Batcopter's tail and two rotor blades are now completed. The cockpit is roomy inside to allow for Batman's cape but because of his Cowl he still needs to lay back for the windshield to close.


A step by step build of Nightwings glider. I really like the sticker print design. It really gives the glider some character.


The glider completed.


Here it is with Nightwing in position. The glider will not stand on its own. I had to use my own clear head piece to get it to stand. Even if you take off the trans orange cones, the fin piece wont allow for it to stand upright. So it will always be in a laying down position. This completes the set. It felt Strange to build this last, we normally do these types of things first.


The spares for this set. I had to go through my instructions to see if I had left off a 1x1 trans yellow plate. I expected 1 but not 2. It is an extra on top of an extra :-)



Some final images of the set.




Couldn't resist.

Overall this was a neat set. The Helicopter has a nice slick design and looks heaps better then the original 7786 model from 2007. But what this set lacks, is any purpose that the 2007 set had. It seems like overkill to have a Batcopter, Nightwing and glider to battle a stand alone Minifigure with just 2 sticks of dynamite. 
I have always had a soft spot for this version of the Batman Minifigure and with The Lego Movie coming out soon I'm happy I wont need to chase one down for my Son. Batman is not going to be in any of the Movie licensed sets, if you don't have him yet it's best to get this set. Nightwing is just Awesome! Great printing all round. Man-Bat is nice but with his arms the way they are you can't do a lot with it.
It was a nice touch to add the wing piece as the Batcopters tail. It almost gives it that retro feel to it. I know the support beam helped to give it that look.
I enjoyed the build and felt like it would have been a very quick build if I didn't need to take photos for this review. There are no special build techniques involved that are complicated and any child could sit there and build this set with no difficulty what so ever.
It's a must get set if you need Nightwing in your collection. The Batcopter and glider are fun to swoosh around the house, so you and your child wont be too bored playing around with this set. I have to go dig out our Joker copter so my Son can chase me around the house. :-D

Thanks for stopping by and having a read. I hope you enjoyed the review!
 
Let us know in the comments below, what your thoughts and opinions are on the set.

Until next time this is Tan Tile... Swooshing around the house... Swwooooooooosssshhhh Pew Pew Pew :-D

4 comments:

  1. Great review, and great work on the photos. I'm envious of your lighting set up.

    I especially enjoyed the movie joke at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! I happy you got the Movie joke! I looked in all my spares draws to find the extra Batarangs, It wasn't an easy task. :) If you saw my lighting setup you would laugh... here it is... http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/12162434353_726ebabdd4_c.jpg put together with spit and tape lol

      Delete
  2. Haha, that last pic should come with a warning...I'm reading this on a bus & now sitting here snickering to myself, which is attracting some odd looks from my fellow passengers, lol. That scene cracks me up everytime I watch the trailer.

    Super excited to see the movie, & glad that my upcoming holiday to the US coincides with the release so I don't hafta wait til April to see it here (although I'm sure my non-AFOL other half can think of a million other things they'd rather do on holidays than get dragged along to see it).

    Anyway, thanks for the review; I must confess I'm not really a Batman fan, but I still enjoy reading your reviews, & that pic was just made it even more enjoyable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic!

      Enjoy your holiday and make sure you go LEGO nuts over there.

      plenty more reviews to come 2 more batman sets first then onto some City.

      Delete