Friday 8 November 2013

LEGO Exclusive 40082: Christmas Tree Stand Review

Back in the middle of October the LEGO online Store (Shop@Home) were running an Exclusive Promotion. If you Spent over $100 you would receive a small Christmas set. Today we review is that set. It's Part 1 of  2 and the second set will be available at the end of November.

Note: You can skip the next paragraph if you now all about VIP points...

October was also double VIP points, meaning for every $1.50 spent you would get 2 points instead of the 1 point. With every 100 points you would receive $7.50 off your next order if you so wish, or you can accumilate those points to a higher value and use it whenever you choose to do so. Taking full advantage of the double points the order I placed was for the 10232: Palace Cinema. Instead of getting 128 points I got 256 points. I also added 40058: Decorating the Tree and 40059: Santa’s Sleigh to my order giving me another 32 points instead of the 16 points that it normally is. I had a few points already on my account and that pushed me over the 300 point mark giving me $22.50 off any future purchases.
My goal is to accumulate enough points to knock off some $$$ to purchase the new 10243: Parisian Restaurant Modular being released on January 1st 2014.

LEGO Shop Exclusive 40082: Christmas Tree Stand 
 The set contains 115 pieces Free with orders over $100.
 Comes with 2 Minifigures: Christmas Tree Stand, 3 x small Christmas Trees.
  
Note: All photo's can be clicked on for a larger view.

I was a bit disappointed that this Exclusive set come to me crushed in my S@H order.  But Very happy to get none the less.

The front shows the Christmas stand with the 2 minifigs. It is a cute little set! In the corner it informs you that this is a Limited Edition 2013.


The back of the box shows you how both Exclusive sets look added together. They look neat and I look forward to picking up the second set at the end of November.


You get 3 unnumbered bags and an instruction booklet.


A quick look at all the pieces. Some really useful pieces in this set.


The female Minifigure comes with a new color beanie in Medium Lavender. The beanie is also available in this years Friends Advent Calender. She comes with a single side face print, printed front and back torso.


A standard male Minifigure with the new cap with hole on top. He comes with a single side face print, printed front and back torso.


A broom and axe holder. Those pine needles really make a mess when chopping with the axe.


A quick step by setp build of the Christmas stand for those of you that missed out on the set so yo can replicate it using your own parts.


A Shot of the stand all completed.


Now for some shots of the set as a whole.



Here are the spares that you get in this set.





Overall this was a cute little set to build. It was nice to get it free with my S@H order. With all the sets that we own we don't have too many of the small spruce trees and this is a great set to build those numbers up. If you are after these they are few and far between unless you have the winter village sets that are released each year. I'm glad I place a second order in October to receive a second set of this while getting the LOTR Tower of Orthanc with the double VIP points and getting 372 points instead of 186 points. I cant wait till the end of November to pick up part 2 of this Exclusive series and start building my Winter Village nativity scene, and have it ready for Christmas.

Thanks again for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review!

As always and if you want too, let us know in the comments below, what you think of the set. I would love to hear others opinions on it.

Until next time this is Tan Tile... Getting into the Christmas Spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment